Published: 02/03/2022By the end of May 2022 the following material information must be included on all property listings:
1. Tenure (sales only)
- whether the property is freehold or leasehold
- current ground rent and any review period;
- current service charge information and any review period;
- length of lease;
- if applicable, disclosure of shared ownership with details of share being sold and any additional liabilities or obligations.
2. Council tax band
3. Price or rent
- for sales – price expressed as a single amount
- for lettings – monthly rent and any deposit payable.
Under current legislation, agents are legally obliged not to omit material information from property listings. However disclosure practices are not consistent across the sector.
The intention behind the changes above is that buyers and tenants will be more knowledgeable about the properties in which they have expressed an interest, so helping to make the sales and lettings processes easier.